YWIES Digital Media & Design | AS Level
Cambridge International A1 Level Digital Media & Design encourages independent creative expression and the development of a critical, reflective practice.
Time & Location
22 Aug 2022, 08:00 – 24 Jun 2023, 15:00
About the Online Course
Subject Name: Digital Media & Design
Subject Title: Digital Media & Design – AS Level
Overview of the Course:
Cambridge International A1 Level Digital Media & Design encourages independent creative
expression and the development of a critical, reflective practice. The syllabus provides opportunities for learners to enrich their understanding of innovative uses of technology and improve their skills in a wide range of contemporary techniques. The syllabus is designed to accommodate a range of interests, materials and resources, and the skills and interests of the teaching staff.
Our approach in Cambridge International AS & A Level Digital Media & Design encourages learners to be:
confident, identifying, researching, and evaluating problems systematically and improving technical skills to support the development of learners’ personal design style
responsible, taking charge of their own development as designers, with an independent approach to creative and technical practice
reflective,recording ideas and critically evaluating their work to help learners continually review, refine, and adapt
innovative,combining approaches and techniques and developing the skills to solve problems
creatively engaged, enriching their work by exploring different designers, processes, and concepts.
The aims are to enable students to:
• develop an awareness of the world of digital media and design and understand influencing factors and contexts
• develop creative processes and understand that design is an iterative process
• research and evaluate information relevant to their studies
• reflect requirements and feedback from specific audiences and clients in developing their work
• use digital media creatively as a way of expressing meaning
• use knowledge, understanding, and creativity to innovate using appropriate software, equipment, technology, and practices
• develop the skills needed for the study of digital media and design in higher education
• prepare for working in a collaborative industry.
Cambridge International AS & A Level Digital Media & Design is for candidates who want to explore a range of processes and techniques in digital media.
The subject content allows space for teaching and learning to be creative. It is grouped into three broad areas of study:
• Digital photography
• Moving image
• Mobile and multimedia applications
Portfolio - 100 marks
Candidates choose a theme from the list in the syllabus.
There are two elements to the portfolio:
• supporting studies and
• a proposal
Externally Set Assignment - 10 hours - 100 marks
Candidates choose one assignment from the question paper.
There are two elements to the assignment:
• supporting studies and
• a final outcome, produced during a supervised test of 10 hours total duration
The variety of subjects which will supported by this course will be:
• 3D industry
• Film/Video editing
• Website design
• App design
• Interactive installations
• Fine art
• Film production